A simple guide on how to mine Tesoro with the wallet.
1. Download the wallet from the website for your platform
2. Go to your Downloads folder and locate the file
3. Right-click on the file and select Extract All
4. Click on Extract
5. Open de bin folder
6. Scroll down and double click on tesoro-wallet-gui
7. If you get a SmartScreen popup, click on more info
8. Click on run anyway
9. Click on Continue
10. Select the Advanced mode
11. Select Create a new wallet
12. Write down your Mnemonic Seed and click on Next
13. Create a Password and click on Next
14. Click on Next
15. Click on Create wallet
16. Login using your Password
17. If your Firewall gives a popup, click on Allow access
18. Wait for your wallet to fully synchronize
19. If the yellow bar at the bottom left is full, you are ready.
20. Click on Advanced
21. Click on Mining
You can choose the recommended amount of threads (Mine with 50% of your processor) or you can choose to Use all threads (Mine with 100% if your processor)
22. Click on Start mining
A advanced guide on how to mine Tesoro with XMRig
If you want to mine with your CPU/GPU, either solo or in a pool, please refer to the step-by-step XMRig tutorial below.
NOTE: YOUR DAEMON MUST BE SYNCED BEFORE USING XMRIG
Make sure to read the XMRig Readme first.
Want to build the miner from source? Please refer to this documentation page.
If you are using the CLI wallet, you can use the
start_mining <threads> command instead. The number defines the amount of threads used.
Wallet RPC Commands can be found here.
Daemon RPC Commands can be found here.
If you face the current issue of your balance not showing properly in the GUI, e.g. not seeing the balance change when sending or receiving, follow these instructions:
Go to "Settings" > "Info" > "Wallet restore height" and click to change it and fill in 0, follow the instructions afterwards.